Monday 4 August 2014

CATHEDRAL WINDOW

Not as you might expect an actual cathedral window, but rather cathedral window quilting! Mum and I went on a workshop yesterday in order to learn how to quilt as neither of us had ever learnt and thought it was a skill we would enjoy and wanted to learn! Plus it was part of my birthday present. The workshop was at Victorian Arts and Crafts in Poulton (which apparently has been there for a year, but mum and I only discovered it recently!). Cathedral window is a form of patch work that involved hand sewing and a lot of folding of fabric, but once you have completed your square you don't need to wad or back it (which I rather liked, I find it a faff to those on the very rare occassions that I have tried). However, as it is hand sewing it does take quite a while. I only completed three squares on the day (as did mum) and we intend to create a few more in order to make a cushion! It can be used to make Christmas decorations, book marks, larger quilts, need-cases, napkin rings by varying the size of your starting square. I certainly want to practice and get the hang of it! I think it looks great and I thoroughly enjoyed our day yesterday. So without further ado, here are some pictures showing our progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment